This custom, one-off was built to an exceptional standard by New Zealand’s most skilled boat builders.
She has a sweet spot both inshore and offshore in both the stronger breeze and in typical Solent sea-breeze conditions.
More recent weight reduction work has also kept her competitive in the lighter airs and conclusive victories in the FAST 40 class throughout 2016 prove that she is a serious IRC contender in any regatta fleet she enters.
Baraka GP is brought to Boatafloat.com by Performance Yacht Charter.
- IRC Handicap – 1.277
- Draft 3.15m
- Carbon/ epoxy prepreg composite construction with foam core hull
- High modulus Hall Spars 2 spreader carbon rig and boom
- Rod rigging
- Composite Backstay
- 8 Harken winches and a MRX dual gearing pedestal
- Basic Spinnaker retrieval system
- Open plan interior with 2 burner gas ring, 2 carbon sinks, manual toilet, chart table and 4 pipe cots
- B&G 3000 instruments with 4 mast displays and 4 cockpit displays
- Forestay load cell
- Hydraulic mast jack
Extensive Quantum Sail wardrobe
- Offshore, Inshore and Delivery Main
- J1.5, J2.3 North Light/Medium, J3, J5
- North A1.5, A2, A3, A4, A7 plus spares
- Genneker Staysail, Fractional Zero, Code Zero, Spinnaker Staysail
- Jib Top, Drifter
- Storm Jib and Trysail
- 3rd Rolex Middle Sea Race 2015